ez1

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Music that I like.. what about you?

Me, personally, I would consider myself a hip-hop head. Though hip-hop has been 'dying' out with the past few years, it still remains alive within the many hip-hop heads in our communities, and the hip-hop legends who have created a spark in the community.
My favorite groups are Hieroglyphics and A Tribe Called Quest, and my favorite artists are 2Pac, Biggie, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, etc.. There are also many notable groups, emcees, and hip-hop figures I respect as well, including but not limited to: Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Wu-Tang Clan, Living Legends, Atmosphere, Pharrell, Jay-Z, Common, Little Brother, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Pharcyde, Game, Fugees, Zion-I, Mac Dre, Isley Brothers(YES, their instrumentals are legends :hat), Rage Against The Machine, Blackalicious, Digable Planets, Digital Underground, De La Soul, Andre Nickatina, and of course much more that I have not named but deserve notice.
Why do I like hip-hop? The elements in the music are just exciting. It's that 'sweet science' she contains. A simple rhythmic verse and a dope beat would have you drifting away. From emotional to I don't give a damn type tracks, it's all good, something good to bump in your rides. (I have more to say, I'll just leave it at that for now)
With that said, Kanye's Album Graduation drops sometime next week or so, be on the lookout to cop!

No comments: