I wrote this just now.
I got a story
You know, the usual
Hard knock life type poems
Every night, just stayin’ up past eleven
So you can pour out your thoughts, in a notebook
Like milk into a glass, side with a cookie, except the cookie is in crumbs.
But on to the emotions, it’s scrambling.
Like breakfast eggs in the morning, cause sunnyside up isn’t so easy.
Place that with a cinnamon roll, but it just isn’t sweet enough.
The tea isn’t warm enough.
I guess because I’m too young to know what warm and cold really is
Or that cold has gotten past the point where I can’t feel it anymore.
Age is merely a number, but my numbers don’t match up to my struggle.
Though it’s bad enough, I don’t gamble. My life already is a gamble.
Always try to appreciate what I have because
At least I’m not a person in Cosco, living off free samples
Or a homeless person, sleeping in the streets with no blankets
But covered in a newspaper with a headline titled
“Tragedy ensues, family loses son, daughter, sibling, or parent.”
Because you never know when the next person is gone.
In these notebooks, I ramble
Nothing harder than losing a couple siblings
Cousins, and whatever family
That’s my story, you know, the usual, hard knock life type joints.
Anybody can relate
I know you’re going through a hard time
I guess you can say the same about me.
Nothing is ever promised tomorrow, today
So just incase I don’t get to see you tomorrow, or today
Good morning, good evening, goodnight.
It’s gon’ be alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment