ez1
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Days of our lives
: Hip-hop song of the day: They Reminisce Over You - Pete Rock & CL Smooth "Never been senile, that's where you're wrong, but give a man a taste and he's gone."
: Honorable mention (because it's playing on my iTunes ;p): The Instrumental - Lupe Fiasco
"It's better when something is wrong, you get excitement in your bones, and everything you do's a gane" I started to like this song more (Right As Rain) when some girl sang it at an open mic Thursday night (last week), which I didn't get to perform at unfortunately.
Speaking of Adele, she has a beautiful and creative voice. A friend of mine really reminded me how appreciative of music I am. I've been listening to hip-hop and good ol' r&b since I was elementary, poppin' those cassettes in my tape player, I can truly say music has co-lived with me throughout my life. I started out with a Bone Thugs tape "Days of our Lives" and the Backstreet Boys CD, haha it was great. From getting into my own rhymes, deciphering intellectual hip-hop verses, admiring influential musicians and just singing along with passionate jams for the soul, I can say I'm thankful for music to be a piece of my backbone.
On another note--
Sometimes, don't you ever just catch yourself in a trance, zoned out, staring right through the world, and just kinda forgetting what your dreams really are? I do. I've been stuck in reality for a little too long, busy doing what I lust and not much of what I love, which is still faint in me. I'm not mad, but hey, what gives the greatest motivation, and drive? Is it what we love to do--the thrill at the moment, or the thrill that will come later on after all this hard work? I can say I enjoy what I do but so much of it is a challenge, that I just keep going. It will all pay off in the future. What do I really love? Currently, my only goal is to make my family happy, and I hope I'm doing well. For now I think I'll just pick up whatever comes along the way, because some of my dreams are already forgotten down the broken boulevard, but it's a cycle I guess.
And words of wisdom for the day..
I don't belong in this world. The world belongs to ME! 8) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment