ez1

Friday, July 31, 2009

do the right thing.

song: drake - closer to my dreams ft. andreena mills

"I'mma spare y'all
Why you wanna judge me
I don't ever compare y'all
The city is mine
I know it because I'm there y'all
It ain't even started I'm really tryna prepare y'all...

...And it wasn't nothin' to it
I'm drawin' and drawin' till the pen was out of fluid"



You ain't doin' it right. Am I? Ion even know. Too much living in the fast lane.
I'm 19 years old now, one step ahead in being an adult. I've accomplished a lot in my age, but of course it's never enough. I've been through so many sources of happiness, but now I'm at the point where I'm asking, are they all for the right reasons?

This is what living in the moment does. When you're doin' so much, having fun, that you're at a breaking point eventually. Everything can be so easily overturned and have no value anymore when you finally realize what matters, or the least-- trying to figure out what is important.

I've got my letters. Ears pierced. Tatted up. In a good school. Doing good in school. 3 more years to do good. Lots of friends. People admiring you everywhere. Going places. Getting blown. Making music. So much pride, but it all seems enveloped, like, where does it go? I don't even know anymore.

No comments: